The Community of Practice on Water and Open Government invites you to a webinar on June 24th!
How can open government action be used to accelerate reforms that help the country meet their national water, sanitation, and hygiene priorities addressing the needs of women and girls? This webinar will highlight how the Open Government Partnership (OGP) can strengthen action through gendered water commitments. It will outline the OGP’s current initiative around gender and share the building blocks for a gendered OGP commitment. On-the-ground practitioners will highlight water issues, and how they affect women and children in the age of climate change, epidemics and pandemics. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss the challenges and opportunities in integrating water, gender and open government priorities into the action plans and co creation process.
The webinar will look at some of the gendered water commitments based on their country’s water priorities and identify how they can deepen the connection to the co-creation process of the action plans.
The speakers will include:
- Barbara Schreiner, Water Integrity Network (WIN)
- Allison Merchant, Senior Gender Advisor, Open Government Partnership (OGP)
- Kanika Thakar, Gender Focal Point, Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI)
- Carla Flores, Cartocritica, Mexico
- Tamar Hayrikyan, Técnicas Rudas, Mexico
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, June 24th, 2020 from 10:00 – 11:30 AM EDT.
This a continuation of a series of webinars exploring water and open government strategies for achieving country water and sanitation priorities through the Open Government Partnership. Register here.
- Join the conversation: #WaterOpenGov
- Want to stay tuned with our activities? Sign up for our newsletter here.
- Contact WaterOpenGovernment@siwi.org with any questions.
- You can also visit our CoP page here or learn more about Water and OGP here.
The Community of Practice on Water and Open Government
View the archive of OGP webinars here.