The Water and Open Government CoP is collaborating with the Brazilian Comptroller General of the Union (CGU) and the National Water Agency (ANA) to host a workshop on open government action plans. Officials from public policy or regulatory bodies in the water sector and officials representing the OGP from six Latin American countries will be present to work on their open government commitments for the water sector.
The event aims to:
- Promote integrity reforms in the water sector
- Highlight OGP as a relevant forum/platform in support of strengthening integrity in the water sector
- Share methodologies and tools that facilitate the identification and implementation of relevant (or linked) water commitments
- Present cases and lessons learned in the formulation and implementation of water commitments in national action plans.
- Identify interests and needs in terms of capacity building for the formulation and implementation of sound water commitments and areas for future cooperation.