Join us at Stockholm World Water Week 2021 sessions for a series of integrity sessions focusing on climate adaptation and urban water service provision with case studies from our partners around the globe.
We’re especially excited to launch of the next Water Integrity Global Outlook: Integrity in urban water and sanitation on Wednesday August 25th at 14:00 CET. See you there!
We look forward to exchanging ideas with you at all our sessions and promoting integrity and accountability throughout the conference. Please share your own integrity events and activities so we can add them to our #wwweek integrity programme.
You can register for free for all session here.
Mark your calendars for all the sessions at the links below.
Monday 23.08.2021, 17:00 -18:00 CET
Tackling Corruption and Integrity Failures in Water Sector Climate Adaptation
With the Green Climate Fund – Independent Integrity Unit.
- Introduction (Letitia Obeng, WIN)
- Maladaptation – The unintended consequences of inappropriate/poor climate adaptation intervention design (Dr. Katharine Vincent, Kulima Integrated Development Solutions, South Africa)
- Integrity and Maladaptation: Cases and mitigation measures (Rennie Valladares Alcerro, CABEI)
- What is the role of the financier in mitigating integrity failures and maladaptation? (Mr. Albert Lihalakha, GCF’s Independent Integrity Unit)
- Panel discussion: Actions to mitigate maladaptation and minimize integrity failures (moderated by Philip Beetlestone, WIN)
Wednesday 25.08.2021, 8:00 – 9:00 CET
Asia Focus: Accelerating inclusive water governance to advance sustainable development
With ADB, APWF, GWP, ICHARM, IUCN, JICA, and the OECD.
- Introduction (APWF)
- Position and status of water governance for Asia Pacific countries to address issues on regional water governance
- Water governance status based on AWDO 2020 (ADB)
- Water Integrity Global Outlook 2021 (WIN)
- Implementation status of SDG 6.5.1: Integrated Water Resources Management in Asia Region 2020 (GWP)
- Learning exchange sharing and discussion on concrete case studies in water governance
- Nature-Based Solutions in water governance (IUCN)
- Innovation of capacity building on water-related disaster risk reduction (ICHARM)
- Japanese lessons about water governance throughout history (JICA)
- Water governance for Blue Cities (OECD)
- Plenary panel discussion: Joint actions and solutions for water governance to accelerate the achievement of the SDGs through enhanced water governance (facilitated by GWP)
- Closing (APWF)
Wednesday 25.08.2021, 14:00 – 15:00 CET
Launch: Water Integrity Global Outlook 2021: Urban Water and Sanitation
With ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability-Africa and SIWI.
- Welcome and opening (Letitia Obeng, WIN)
- Water Integrity Global Outlook 2021: Urban Water and Sanitation (Barbara Schreiner, WIN)
- Building integrity at the city level (Tunc Soyer, Mayor of Izmir Metropolitan Municipality, Turkey and Member of ICLEI)
- Regulating for integrity (Ing. Juan Carlos Fuentes, ERSAPS, Honduras)
- Integrity and participation in sanitation in informal settlements in Tanzania (Dr Tim Ndezi, CCIA, Tanzania)
- Q&A and closing remarks (Dr. Alejandro Jiminez, SIWI)
Thursday 26.08.2021, 18:00 – 19:00 CET
Integrity and water service provision: tools and experiences for water-utilities
With the Inter-American Development Bank.
- Introduction (Daniela Patiño, WIN)
- Integrity management within urban water service providers (Marcello Basani, IDB)
- Key tools to assess prioritize and address integrity in water service providers: Integrity in WASH (Barbara Schreiner, WIN)
- AquaRating: Focal analysis to assess integrity (Francisco Cubillo, AquaRating)
- Panel discussion: Key experiences, challenges and opportunities fostering integrity within urban service providers (with María del Pilar Acha, SEDAPAL, Peru; José Luis de la Vega, CEA, México; Marcelo Rogora, AYSA, Argentina; Moderator: Marcos Mendiburu)
Friday 27.08.2021, 11:00 – 12:00 CET
Integrity for inclusive urban sanitation
With Aguaconsult, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and ESAWAS.
- Introduction (Maria Cecília de Carvalho Rodrigues, GIZ)
- Regulation and integrity in the urban sanitation sector (Yvonne Magawa, ESAWAS)
- Facilitated discussion (with Bill Twyman, Aguaconsult; Mpho Sithole, Tsakane Railway Ext 21; Alana Potter, WaterAid; Moderator: Chola Mbilima, NWASCO)
- Q&A with audience members (Moderator: Maria Cecília de Carvalho Rodrigues, GIZ)
- Closing remarks (Barbara Schreiner, WIN)